Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Exciting new possibilities

The opening of a kiln is always an angst filled time. Will there be beautiful stuff in there? explosions? new things for the junk pile? wonderful surprises?
Well, I think my husband was quite pleased with his last opening. He ran back and forth to the kiln as it cooled down like a child waiting for Christmas morning. When at last the pieces could be pulled out and examined, he beamed with satisfaction.
These are a few of the best "surprises."
Way to go, Babe! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ghaymes said...

I'd be willing to offer up one of my offspring for one of Rod's pots made from the clay in Ben and Kathy's backyard. Any available????? hope hope hope

rosanne h said...

Grace!
Welcome to my little cyberhome.
I only take offspring if they do laundry.
I think Rod still has some of the clay left from their pit, but it's quite a process to get it on the wheel. I'll ask him if he has any that is still ready to throw.
How did you find out about that pot? You been talking to Kathy?
:o)