Friday, December 23, 2005

Adding to the Beauty

I just got Sara Groves new cd, "Add to the Beauty," and have been enjoying it very much. She says she wanted to do her next cd (this one) about the Kingdom of God. "Now more than ever the only thing that could rival my despair at the pain in the world is my hope in a very real kingdom of God, and very real people who by the grace of God are adding to the beauty with their beautiful art, creative lives, and redemptive work."
I know a lot of those people and they touch my life in ways they may never know. The artists, the authors, the musicians, the teachers, the preachers, the missionaries, etc.... all doing creative, redemptive work, doing their part to enlarge and beautify the Kingdom of God. They are my heroes and I applaud them here today.
The work they do is done from hearts that are passionate about God, His Kingdom, and His people with not much thought for themselves. I long to have a heart like this. A heart that doesn't seek to do great things, but instead seeks to love like God loves, to be His voice, feet and hands on the earth.
This is what I want for Christmas.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: