Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm back, finally, I think....

Morning reflections
It has been a while since I last posted here because for so long I could not seem to get past a stubborn sign in system that just didn't want to cooperate with my computer's setup. Then, about two months ago my computer crashed and I lost tons of information and photos, as well as the sound device on my computer -- most of which has not been recovered -- but I have hope since it was all backed up on an external hard drive. The data is there, we think, we just need some capable person with more techno savvy than us to help us pull it off of there.
Anyway, I've been keeping up with my Flickr site all this time and glad I did because I have a few hundred of my favorite images stored there and accessible should I need them -- but, of course, not in the RAW form which I originally shot them and stored them -- but nonetheless still available for printing at least in 8 x 10 size.
I've been trying new things with my images, trying to "paint" with textures and layers -- trying to evoke certain feelings, moods, atmosphere and/or story. The image I'm posting here is a recent example, the result of which I was really pleased. (Click on the image to see it in Flickr, and you can look at it in the large size as well.)
Summer is approaching and I will have more time for this once school lets out, so maybe I'll actually be able to make something of it again with this new start!

1 comment:

seth said...

hey aunt rosanne! love your pics! i used one for my blog header. is that alright?